Monday, August 23, 2010

The Book Buying "Ban" of September

A lot of the blogs I have read are going on "book buying bans" in the month of September.  To ensure that I get through my TBR pile of 80+ I think I too will participate.

This means:
   No contests will be entered
   No books will be requested by me from my favorite site ever Paperback Swap (however, posting and sending books to others is completely acceptable)
   No books will be purchased online or at the bookstore for personal consumption
(Editor's Note: If a book on my wishlist on PBS becomes available within September, I will acquire said book)

Seeing as how I love books, this maybe be difficult for me, however,  I think it is appropriate seeing as how my bookshelf is officially out of room.  I need to pare down the piles and save a little money.

Wish me luck! Here goes nothin'!

Currently Reading:
On the RoadOn the Road by Jack Kerouac

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Book buying ban. We will have lots of fun together. I also decided to get books from my swap site if a wishlist book becomes available. No problem with that, everybody sets his/her own rules.

    ReplyDelete